10 Reasons to Work for Haro Park Centre
We’re not just a long term care facility. We are a Campus of Caring. Here are ten things that make Haro Park Centre unique and the reasons why you might want to work for us:
- Great people who make a difference. Our employees care about each other and our residents. They are dedicated and provide exceptional skills service. We’re like a family; we support each other.
- Strong values and a clear vision for the future. Passion for senior care and housing is the cost of entry; what everyone should bring to the table. At Haro Park Centre, we value people making a difference and our employees make a healthy difference in the lives of British Columbians every day.
- A comprehensive total compensation package including above average vacation and outstanding benefit coverage.
- Several great programs for employees. Recognition, long service, health and wellness, company events and other ways for our employees to get involved.
- A positive and challenging work environment. Our employees enjoy many opportunities for personal development as we continually improve the services we provide to our residents. We pride ourselves on overcoming the challenges that arise from daily work activities to various projects and initiatives focused on finding solutions.
- A strong community connection. At Haro Park Centre, community involvement is a cornerstone of our presence in the West End community. We’re most proud of our partnership many health related charities that our employees’ champion.
- A diverse and equitable workforce. Our employees come from many different backgrounds. We believe that contributes to our success. We can draw on the perspectives and skills of women and men of different age groups, different cultural backgrounds and different life experiences. In our workplace, everyone has the right to be treated fairly and equally.
- A healthy, safe and flexible workplace that supports a balanced lifestyle. Our people are the most valuable asset. This makes their health and well-being very important.
- Career development with opportunities for advancement. It takes all kinds of people and skills to support long term care operations. In order for us to remain an accredited health care society, we strive for continuous improvement, by either learning new skills or improving the skills we already. It’s just one of the ways our society can be successful.
- Great location and a flexible work schedule. We’re located in the heart of downtown Vancouver with great access to public transportation, restaurants and shopping. We employ regular full-time, part-time, and casual status employees. We have a variety of shifts to fit your lifestyle. We have day shifts, evening shits and night shifts with variable start times.
For more on employment at Haro Park, see Careers – Join Our Team. We also have great opportunities for Volunteers.